Dahi Chaat Recipe
Summer in London is here! So we have decided to focus on a light but indulgent Indian recipe. Dahi Chaat is a popular street food in North India. In this delicious recipe you will get the sweetness of curd, soft melt-in-the-mouth potatoes, crispiness of papdi and the Indian spices that add their own zing and spiciness to the dish!
- 15 papdi (you can buy these ready made or make your own!)
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered red chilli
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon crushed to paste mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon sweet tamarind sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered chaat masala powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon coriander chutney
- 2 teaspoon chopped coriander leaves
For The Topping:
- 1 cup beaten yoghurt (curd)
- 1/4 cup bean mung
- 2 peeled, boiled potatoes
- Take a plate and put a layer of papdis on it. Chop the boiled potatoes into small cubes. Once chopped put a layer of chopped potatoes on top of the papdis. Now add a layer of mung beans. Lastly drizzle the coriander, mint chutney and tamarind sauce on top.
- Take a large mixing bowl and add the beaten yogurt into it, whisk a little more until smooth. Add a pinch of salt and sugar and mix well.
- Sprinkle the chaat masala powder, cumin, chilli powder and a pinch of salt on top. Add the yogurt on top and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve and share with friends!